Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains what personal data we collect from you and how we use it. We encourage you to read the summaries.
Personal Data We Collect
MarketSpace collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products and services. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create a MarketSpace account, submit a search query, speak a voice command, upload a document, or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our products and services by, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from applications running on your device.
We also obtain data from third parties. For example, we supplement the data we collect by purchasing demographic data from other companies. We also use services from other companies to help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize certain products and services to your location.
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide a product, service, or feature, you may not be able to use that product, service, or feature.
The data we collect depends on the products, services and features you use, and can include the following:
Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Demographic data. We collect data about you such as your age, gender, country, and preferred language.
Payment data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
Usage data. We collect data about how you and your device interact with MarketSpace products and services. For example, we collect:
- Service use data. We collect data about the features and products you use, the items you purchase, the services you select and the filters you select. This data includes your voice and text search queries or commands to the MarketSpace Platform via your device.
- Device data. We collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to our products and services. It includes data about the operating systems and other software installed on your device. It also includes IP address, device identifiers (such as the IMEI number for phones), regional and language settings.
- Error reports and performance data. We collect data about the performance of the products, services, and any problems you experience with them. This data helps us to diagnose problems in the products you use, and to improve our products and provide solutions. Depending on your product and settings, error reports can include data such as the type or severity of the problem, details of the software or hardware related to an error, contents of files you were using when an error occurred, and data about other software on your device.
- Support Data. When you engage MarketSpace for support, we collect data about you and your hardware, software, and other details related to the support incident. Such data includes contact or authentication data, the content of your chats and other communications with MarketSpace support, data about the condition of the machine and the application when the fault occurred and during diagnostics, and system and registry data about software installations and hardware configurations.
Interests and favorites. We collect data about your interests and favorites, such as the categories, products, and partners you follow in Marketspace. In addition to those you explicitly provide, your interests and favorites may also be inferred or derived from other data we collect.
Contacts and relationships. We collect data about your contacts and relationships if you use a MarketSpace product to manage contacts, or to communicate or interact with other people or organizations.
Location data. We collect data about your location, which can be either precise or imprecise. Precise location data can be Global Position System (GPS) data, as well as data identifying nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi hotspots, we collect when you enable location-based products or features. Imprecise location data includes, for example, a location derived from your IP address or data that indicates where you are located with less precision, such as at a city or postal code level.
Content. We collect content of your files and communications when necessary to provide you with the products and services you use. For example, if you receive an email using via the MarketSpace communicator or Alerts, we need to collect the content of that email to deliver it to your alert center, display it to you, enable you to reply to it, and store it for you until you choose to delete it. Examples of this data include: the content of your documents you upload to MarketSpace service such as MarketSpace Documents, as well as the content of your communications sent or received using MarketSpace products and services including the:
- subject line and body of an email,
- text or other content of an instant message,
- audio and video recording of a video message, and
- audio recording and transcript of a voice message you receive or a text message you dictate.
We also collect the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded. If you enter our offices or other facilities, your images may be captured by our security cameras.
How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
You can view or edit your personal data online for many MarketSpace products and services. You can also make choices about MarketSpace’s collection and use of your data. How you can access or control your personal data will depend on which products you use. For example:
- MarketSpace account. If you wish to access or edit the profile information and payment information in your MarketSpace account, change your password, filtered leads, update payment information, add users or close your account, you can do so by visiting your MarketSpace account and click on My Account. From here, you can also access controls for other MarketSpace products.
If you cannot access certain personal data collected by MarketSpace via the links above or directly through the MarketSpace products and services you use, you can always contact MarketSpace by using our support link on our Website. We will respond to requests to access or delete your personal data within 30 days.
Because the data used for interest-based advertising is also used for other necessary purposes (including providing our products, services, analytics and fraud detection), opting out of interest-based advertising does not stop that data from being collected. Nor does it mean you will stop getting ads or see fewer ads. However, if you do opt out, the ads you receive will no longer be interest-based and may be less relevant to your interests.
- Cookie Controls. Relevant browser-based cookie controls are described in the Cookies section of this privacy statement.
- Tracking Protection. Internet Explorer (versions 9 and up) has a feature called Tracking Protection that will block third-party content, including cookies, from any site that is listed in a Tracking Protection List you add. By limiting calls to these sites, the browser will limit the information these third-party sites can collect about you.
- Browser Controls for “Do Not Track.” Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, MarketSpace services do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. We continue to work with the online industry to define a common understanding of how to treat DNT signals. In the meantime, you can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, including the ability to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from MarketSpace as described above.
With a MarketSpace account, you can sign into MarketSpace products and services, as well as those of select MarketSpace partners..
Creating and using your MarketSpace account. When you create a MarketSpace account, you will be asked for certain personal data and we will assign a unique ID number to identify your account and associated information. MarketSpace products and services, such as those involving payment, require a real name, you can sign into and use some MarketSpace products and services without providing your real name. Some data you provide, such as your display name, email address and phone number, can be used to help others find and connect with you within MarketSpace products and services.
Signing in. When you sign into your MarketSpace account, we create a record of your sign-in, which includes the date and time, information about the product you signed into, your sign-in name, the unique number assigned to your account, a unique identifier assigned to your device, your IP address, and your operating system and browser version.
Signing into MarketSpace. Signing into your account enables improved personalization, provides seamless and consistent experiences across products and devices, and allows you to access and use cloud data storage and other enhanced features and settings. When you sign into your account, you will stay signed in until you logout or have been idle for more than thirty (30) minutes. When you are signed in, some products and services will display your name or username and your profile photo (if you have added one to your profile) as part of your use of MarketSpace products and services. If required by your organization, you will also be asked to provide a phone number or an alternative email address for additional security verification. If you sign into MarketSpace products with an account associated with work or an affinity group account, the owner of the subscription associated with your account may control and administer your account, and access and process your data, including the contents of your communications and files. Your use of the products may be subject to your organization’s policies, if any. MarketSpace is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of these organizations, which may differ from those of MarketSpace. If your organization is administering your use of MarketSpace products and services, please direct your privacy inquiries to your administrator
Signing into third-party products. If you sign into a third-party product with your MarketSpace account, you will be asked to consent to share the account data required by that product. The third party will also receive the unique token assigned to your account (a new token is assigned each time you change your sign-in data); and whether your account has been deactivated. The third party can use or share your data according to its own practices and policies. If you have consented to share your profile data, the third party may display your name or username and your profile photo (if you have added one to your profile) when you are signed in to that third-party product. You should carefully review the privacy statement for each product you sign into to determine how it will use the data it collects.
Other Important Privacy Information
Below you will find additional privacy information you may find important.
Security of Personal Data
MarketSpace is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal data you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. When we transmit highly confidential data (such as a credit card number or password) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption.
Where We Store and Process Personal Data
Personal data collected by MarketSpace may be stored and processed in your region, in the United States or in any other country where MarketSpace or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. We take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
Our Retention of Personal Data
MarketSpace retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products, services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. For example:
- If you remove a credit card from your account, MarketSpace will retain transaction records containing your credit card number for as long as reasonably necessary to complete any existing transactions, to comply with MarketSpace’s legal and reporting requirements, and for the detection and prevention of fraud.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this privacy statement when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the statement and describe the changes in the Change History page. If there are material changes to the statement or in how MarketSpace will use your personal data, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how MarketSpace is protecting your information.
How to Contact Us
If you have a technical or support question, please visit support.MarketSpaceusa.com to learn more about MarketSpace Support offerings.
If you have a privacy concern or a question for the Chief Technology Officer of MarketSpace, please contact us by using our contact us page on our website. We will respond to questions or concerns within 30 days.
Unless otherwise stated, MarketSpace is a data controller for personal data we collect through the products and services subject to this statement. Our address is MarketSpace, 15720 Brixham Hill Ave., Suite #300 Charlotte, North Carolina 28277, USA. Telephone: (+1) 704-926-2013.
In the event of a conflict between a MarketSpace privacy statement the terms of any agreement(s) between a customer and MarketSpace, the terms of those agreement(s) will control.